I suggest you ...

Adjust paper thickness in templates and allow saving of created templates

When choosing a existing template, make adjustment for paper thickness. Also a library with created templates, where you can save, import or edit templates.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    walter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminVitaly Ovchinnikov (Admin, BoxShot 4) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds like another software :) The initial idea behind Origami was a simple tool to convert Illustrator drawings to 3D models. Then we added online generator to help you start faster and get a dieline template for further adjustment.

Folding animation, post-generation size changes and other stuff like that means Origami has to control the dieline, not Illustrator. This means we'll have to lock the dieline from editing in Illustrator at all, as there might be conflicts if you modify the dieline and then ask Origami to resize it. This way we'll end up with a small CAD software that doesn't need Illustrator at all.

Well, there is a request like that nearby so maybe it could be an option, but what do you think about missing the ability to use Illustrator for customising dielines?

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, I would like a library of templates that i can save adjusted or custom templates to. I Share templates with others so this would be helpful to control proper die lines.

Also i would like to be able to edit a die line after i have selected or made one. It seems like I can only edit it when i pick one but if i am working one a project and have to change the dimensions of the die line it would he helpful to just plug in new measurements instead of generating a new die or manually adjusting it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base