I suggest you ...

gap detection

it Would be vry good if in Origami, it could be indicated where a gap exists in a box design... i Receive die cut designs from our manufacturers in china every day and though i have been partially succesful in instructing them to create origami -ready die cuts, many times, when testing their designs,it turns out that the outline isn't completely closed and it takes me forever to check the illustrator file for these gaps.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Willy Croezen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Willy Croezen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since my initial post, i have learned to workaround this by selecting all cutlines in illustrator and then using the livepaint functionality to close the gaps, as you can set gapdetection to your liking. then all you need to do is expand the freshly filled outline and bob's your uncle!
        Of course you need to move all folding lines and any cutout-lines temporarily to another layer, because Livepaint will create one big outline and lose all details on the inside of that outline. but this effectively generates a closed path outline.

Still, it would be more helpful even if Origami would indicate where it detects gaps, the same way it now indicates any overlaps.

• James Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. Joining all the points takes a long time to do and is very frustrating.

Feedback and Knowledge Base